Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mommy brain strikes again

I never believed in the "mommy brain" or "pregnancy brain", until it happened to me. For those that don't know, pregnancy brain is when you lose your common sense for 9 months, fall down, bump into things, etc.

Well, I find mommy brain to be quite similar. It really is a common thing among moms.

Time article: http://www.time.com/time/connections/article/0,9171,1053659,00.html

Whether the mommy brain phenomenon is true or not, I had a couple "episodes" lately.

#1 I don't get out much, but try to make small trips to keep myself sane. Last week, Katie fell asleep in the back (thank goodness) and I was stopped at a red light. I don't know what happened, but when I opened my eyes the light was green and the cars around me were gone. Oops!

#2 Sometimes I don't get to use the restroom much, depending on Katie's mood. After Andrew gets home, I get relief (no pun intended). So, I stood in the bathroom door for probably 30 seconds, searching for the light switch and getting frustrated...only to find that I was feeling up the bathroom door. No, we don't have light switches on the bathroom door.

2 comments:

ruth said...

Remind me not to be a passenger in your car ;)

Anonymous said...

The only thing I do better when I'm pregnant is vomit and eat disgusting greasy food.

During pregnancy, my brain becomes non-existant, and I become a pathetic excuse of my usual intellectual self.