Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Katie had a very festive Halloween this year! It started with a Fall party at school (on Friday). Parents were invited, so I took in some pumpkin face cookies and joined the party. Katie loved having me there and kept telling me to sit next to her so she could hug me. Other kids started hugging me too (I think they just wished their mommies were there)...it was lovely considering their hands were covered with orange cupcake frosting and cheese puffs.
Saturday was the big trick or treating day! She headed out around 6:30 and went out with Daddy for awhile, then with Mommy. It was a balmy 80 muggy degrees...not fun for toting around a toddler that didn't want to walk on her own. Here is a video of her getting ready for the trip around the block. Note the speech: Trick or treat, I'm a butterfly. Give candy....please.

She was so proud of her speech, but did not say it to a SINGLE person. Instead, Daddy and I had to say trick or treat and thank you...at EVERY house. On the way home, she told us she was shy. HAHAH YEAH RIGHT!


She was out for about an hour and accumulated about half a bag of candy. She was very proud and kept asking us to try different pieces. I think we've opened about 10 kinds for her now...she licks them and then throws them in the trash. I even tried giving her fruity candy, since she loves fruit..."Mommy, no likey...put in the trash." We don't know what is wrong with her, but Andrew and I should gain about 5 pounds each from having to eat all her candy for her :)

Little peanut did not think much of Halloween. She stayed downstairs and went to the door with me a few times, but slept through most of it. I didn't dress her up, as she was pretty tired...but here are a few Halloween pictures for posterity.

One more video to upload later...stay tuned :)

4 comments:

Ruth Collins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Uncle Mikey said...

We would have had no idea what she was saying without the commentary. That was awesome... she knows what she wants; that's good.

Jess said...

I like "I'll take my pumpkin choooo" (choo = too)

Ruth Collins said...

I see Emily has her mouth open hoping for some candy, and there her big sister goes and throws it away! Katie made a great butterfly and the commentary was too funny. I'm sure Emily made a few little noises over all the Halloween fuss. Looks like you all had a great time!