Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A proud moment

We were having dinner at one of my new favorite restaurants (Masala Wok) and noticed a guy eating alone and taking notes. We kept looking at him because he was getting a couple meals and we wondered if he was a food critic or a writer for a local paper. Anyway, he finishes eating and starts to walk over. I'm thinking "CRAP, he is going to comment on us looking at him" or "CRAP, he is going to say something about the food that Katie keeps dropping on the floor".

So, he comes over and says "I just want to thank you guys for having such a well behaved baby". I think I was in total shock and remember not even knowing how to react. Once it sunk in, I stammered out a "thank you" with a goofy grin on my face. I was so proud and couldn't believe someone would walk over to tell us that (especially a single guy). It made me love Masala Wok even more!

1 year birthday countdown: 6 days...AHHH!

No comments: