Thursday, March 20, 2008

What goes around, comes around

I have not forgotten about my blog, but we've been dealing with this virus for weeks now. Katie came home sick from daycare and, within days, Andrew was sick. Luckily, I felt fine and was trying my best to take care of both of them. Well, wouldn't you know it...I picked Katie up from daycare on Tuesday and was sweating and feeling dizzy in the car. I was hoping it was just a hot flash (HAH), but no such luck. I'm assuming we all had/have the flu and I'm trying to get over it. I've been in bed for a couple days and feel so weak, I can't even lift Katie. So much for all of us getting the flu shot, right? Apparently the flu shot did not protect against the strain that everyone is getting this year...go figure. Hopefully my next post will be full of healthy, happy news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray flu shot, which put me out of commission for a day. It was really a great call.

Get better... I'll make you some soup.

Anonymous said...

Now you're truly feeling motherhood! We get EVERYTHING too! Mali was never sick until she went to daycare. I used up all 22 of my vacation days staying home with her the first year I went back to work. Ugh... I hope you get better soon! Chicken soup all the way!!! - Jess H