Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sick babies are not fun

Katie is going through her first (of many, I'm sure) sickness. I'm pretty sure she caught it at daycare since the other baby went home sick last week. She's got a hacking cough, lots of messy diapers and the worst part, she won't drink. This has been going on for about 5 days now and so I had hopes that things were getting better...until this morning.

Hubby was feeding her and I heard "uhoh uhoh, I need help". So I ran upstairs and it looked like she has spit up most of her bottle. I thought it was just spit up, so we cleaned them BOTH up and I waiting about an hour before feeding her again. I gave her ONE ounce and then she sat up and threw up down the front of herself, all over my jeans, shirt and couch. I felt so bad! I don't even know what she has in her to throw up, since she isn't eating much.

Luckily, she is still in good spirits...laughing and smiling. I hate seeing her throw up all over and then smile at me. So far, we've tried, baths, sitting in the bathroom with steam, humidifiers, and giving her warm bottles. I just hope this virus goes away soon! :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually smile after throwing up too... cause I know the hangover will be very much lessened the next morning ;) Get better, baby!

Anonymous said...

You have no idea the stuff they pick up at daycare!!! Mali was visiting her daycare of one day before xmas and WHAM, she was in the hospital with pneumonia... I remember using up ALL my vacation days the year I went back to work because Mali was sick at least one week every month. I had 5 weeks of vacation...but never actually had vacation since I was taking it to care for my sick little girl. Ahhh... the joys of parenthood everyone forgets to tell you about....