Sunday, September 20, 2009

Birthday weekend recap


Katie's birthday is not until Wednesday, but we decided to use this weekend to celebrate (since she won't be in school and I'm not in labor yet). I started off Katie's birthday by assembling the Elmo cupcakes. The final result was decent, although I knew she wouldn't eat them (I was right)...but oh well.She received gifts throughout the day, starting with a kitchen and a tea party set...it was quite a hit!











...she also got her first soccer ball...
...and lots of great clothes from Gma and Uncle Ken! She really loved all the birthday cards, too.
As you can see, she was a little overwhelmed with the singing and Elmo cupcakes. "Mommy, why would I want to eat my best friend, Elmo?". I guess I can't blame her!



Happy Birthday baby girl!

2 comments:

Ruth Collins said...

Looks like a fun party. Sorry Grandpa and Grandma couldn't be there, but we will see her soon. I just love the Elmo cupcakes. I think you have missed your calling... a baker? Cake decorator? Love the Daddy with his little pink and purple tea cup and plate. Looks like he was being a good sport and enjoying some 'pretend' tea partying. I could hear Mom Mom (Great Grandma) in the background on the video. She sounds happy to be there. Love ya, rest this week as much as you can. Help is on the way :)

Ruth Collins said...

I think Katie enjoyed her gifts, her party, her cupcakes with the candle, and the Happy Birthday singing. I can't believe that little cutie pie will be 2 this week. Hope she has a week full of fun and surprises. Heck... a new baby sister should be the biggest treat one could wish for on her birthday week!