Thursday, July 30, 2009

31 weeks - 2 months to go

I thought it was time for another Baby #2 update, since I know my Dad loves to hear about the baby's size. Baby is...

-18 inches long and will gain another inch in the next week

-around 3.5-4 pounds

-able to hear distinct sounds

-practicing opening and closing her eyes and breathing


I've started to get sore over the past two days and may have to break out the Tylenol soon. I feel like I'm walking around on "tree stumps" (as my mom would say) because my legs feel like swollen blobs. Breathing is starting to get difficult as my lungs lose space, so I can't really take a deep breath like I would like to! Sleeping is not fun and I get up every few hours, usually to go to the bathroom and to attempt to find a position that is somewhat comfortable.


I will leave out some of the less glamorous details but...let the complaining beginning!

6 comments:

Jr said...

Oh geeeeez!

Early October race coolio?

Unknown said...

Can't wait to experience all that!

(In a long, long time.)

Ruth Collins said...

Hang in there Jess. You're almost there. She will be worth every little discomfort or pain.

Eat a pile of Calabash seafood and a plateful of hush puppies dipped in honey butter. It will take the pain away.

You need a visit from family to spur you on to the finish line.

Ruth Collins said...

Was Caitlin hinting at something? "In a long, long time", could me 8 more months. I would consider that a long, long time. Better save the baby clothes for them. LOL!

Unknown said...

Long, long time = years. Not months!

Jess said...

Yeah, thats what I was thinking...it seems like I've been pregnant for a "long long time". I will make sure to box up all the clothes...hopefully it is a girl.